Home / About
If you want accommodations featuring….
- A waterfront guesthouse on Culebra’s main harbor, the Ensenada Honda, with a pier and free kayak…..
- Easy walking to the ferry dock, airport, restaurants, gift shops, grocery stores, and dive shops…..
- Clean, comfortable, fully equipped rooms including air conditioning, satellite TV, hi-speed Internet, private entrance, kitchen, private bathroom with hot water shower and sink…..
- A waterside patio with a barbecue grill, picnic table, chairs, chaise lounge, chair hammock…..
- A telephone, fax, and copier…..
- A “ free extra” day on Culebra. Secure luggage storage after checkout.
Then Casa Ensenada is for you!
If your room desired is…………….
- Pequeño, a room with a queen bed and kitchenette…..
- Estudio: a large room with a king/twin beds, a futon, and kitchen…..
- Grande, a three-room apartment: bedroom with king bed, living room with futon, and completely equipped kitchen…..
Then Casa Ensenada is for you!
If your vacation interest is………
- Relaxing, sunbathing, or reading on a patio and watching boats in the harbor
- Going to beaches like Playa Flamenco, America’s best beach east of Hawaii, and many other deserted sand beaches, with free beach towels and coolers…..
- Snorkeling or scuba diving with nearby dive shops …..
- Saltwater fishing, including bonefish and permit, with a professional guide…..
- Exploring islets around Culebra, visiting remote beaches, or snorkeling and diving on outlying reefs with a water taxi…..
- Hiking, biking, bird watching, or turtle watching…..
- Cooking and being on-line in your room…..
- Eating out at fine, casual, nearby restaurants…..
- Enjoying a laid back, casual, friendly, small town community….
- Docking your motor yacht at the Casa Ensenada pier and staying at the guesthouse Then Casa Ensenada and Culebra is for you!
Features of Casa Ensenada……….
-General description and use. Three separate, though adjacent, units sleep 2-4 each. Cots for additional guests.
-Location: On the north side of town, across from the old school. On the Ensenada Honda (deep harbor).
-Accommodations: Secure, clean, comfortable. All units have private entrances and bathrooms, air conditioners and ceiling fans, high-speed Internet, a kitchen or kitchenette, hot showers and sinks, and satellite TV. Free DVD available. Dishwasher in Grande. Bathtub in Estudio.
-Beds. Pequeño unit: one queen bed sleeps two. Estudio unit: convertible king/twin beds and a futon sleep four. Grande unit: king bed in bedroom and futon in living room sleeps four. Cots for additional guests. Bedside reading lights.
Telephone, hi-speed Internet, email, fax, copier.
towels and coolers.
Smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, flashlights, first-aid kit. Nonsmoking inside.
Blenders, hair dryer, iron and board, floor fans. -Transportation.
Easy walk to town. Ten minutes by bus/taxi to Flamenco beach. Off-street parking.
Oceanside patio with chairs, hammock chair, chaise lounge, picnic table, gas grill. Cooling trade wind breezes.
-Free 2-person kayak:
Explore, swim, snorkel. Fish in mangrove canals and on bonefish flats.
-Free boat dockage (as available).
40-ft length, 4-ft depth, water, electricity.
-A “free extra” day on Culebra, with secure luggage storage, outside shower, and changing area.
Store luggage after checkout, go to the beach, shower and change, have lunch and shop, then get your luggage
Deck or Patio
Additional Outdoor Shower
No Smoking 65 ft dock.
Free 2-person kayak.
Free guest boat docking.
Activities & Attractions
About Culebra Island………..
Midway between Puerto Rico and St. Thomas. U.S. passport not required.
Airplane from San Juan or Fajardo. Ferry from Fajardo.
-Culture: Puerto Rican. Friendly. Casual. Undeveloped. Low-crime. -Geography:
Arid-tropical climate and vegetation. Hilly. Many out-islands.
Healthy marine life. National wildlife refuge. Birds, deer, iguanas, fish, sea turtles.
Gift and clothes shops. Dive shops. Restaurants and grocery stores. Office supplies and services. Massage. Banks and ATM.
Sightseeing. Shopping. Biking. Hiking. Bird watching. Turtle watches. Kid’s playground. Culebra museum.
Rental cars, scooters, and bikes. Taxis.
-Water transportation and activities.
Kayak rental. Motorboat taxi and charter. Glass-bottom boat. Sunbathing and swimming. World-class scuba and snorkeling. Saltwater fishing, including bonefish.
Culebra defines 'tropical paradise'. Surrounded by seas awash with blues and greens; and edged by unspoiled white sand beaches, Culebra and Casa Ensenada is the perfect destination for a Caribbean island vacation!
**This site will feature Guest Photos**
This photo gallery is based on Piwigo.
Piwigo is a photo gallery software for the web, built by an active community of users and developers. Extensions make Piwigo easily customizable. Icing on the cake, Piwigo is free and opensource.
Visit Piwigo on Facebook website: